Did I mention that I love makeup and I definitely love to be a makeup artist? I think it all started when I decided to do my own makeup on my college graduation day 3 years ago, which was a disaster by the way(not the event but the makeup) because well, I am just a noob back then. I bought a few stuff and then I was amazed how these simple powders can do wonders to your face. With the right makeup product, it can transform you into a different person! Isn’t that amazing?
Back then, all I have were just concealer, lipstick, eyeliner and an eye shadow quad. I feel embarrassed at how ignorant I am of these things back then. I didn’t know the difference between a concealer and a foundation so I used concealer as my base. And oh boy, if only I can travel back in time, I would blend the hell out of my eyeshadow! Haha! Geez I didn’t know blending is a thing! I thought putting an eye shadow is enough already. Hahaha!
But of course, it was all back then. I am better now or so I thought. Youtube has been my teacher in these past years. I’ve watched a lot of Youtube channels about makeup tutorials, I’ve subscribed to a lot of beauty gurus to better my skill but I have yet to get a certification from a reputable make-up artist. That would be my next target – to take makeup classes and hopefully get certified.
I’ve done a few gigs recently and one of them was my cousin’s makeup for her prom. It was just a simple and elegant look. Nothing too complicated. Here she is in natural light after I put on her makeup:
I also did her hair. The mesh/lace/sequined neckline on her dress is the highlight of her dress so I had to put her hair up so that it wont cover her neckline. It was just a simple messy updo. Nothing too fancy
Products that I used:
- Anew Genics – To moisturize her skin
- Maybelline Baby Skin – To minimize her pores and act as a primer to help the makeup glide on smoothly. And also to help keep her T-zone dry throughout the night
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation
- Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Powder – To make her face shine free
- E.L.F. Bronzer
- BH Cosmetics Contour and Blush Palette
- Etude House Eyeshadow Primer – prevents the lid from creasing and it helps the eyeshadow to stay on longer
- Shawil Eyeshadow and BH Cosmetics 26 Color Neutral Eyeshadow Palette
- Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder
- Maybelline The Hyper Curl Volum’ Express Mascara
- Falsies from Daiso
- NYX Lipliner and Lipstick